Finest Brands International (Champion & Toggi)
Finest Brands International are making a commitment to improving our environmental impacts across all of our sites.
Working towards ISO 14001 Environmental Management System accreditation we aim to reduce the impacts of our business activities across a range of ethical standards such as sustainability, environmental & social aspects.
Our Brands are committed to reducing waste, using renewable energy wherever possible, recycling of materials; sourcing alternative fabrics and technologies, reducing our carbon footprint, and monitoring our every activity to make improvements.
Our Directors, management teams and employees share our values and are meeting regularly to manage, measure and suggest improvements.
Communicating our goals across our teams and empowering all staff to actively make a difference, we are proud to manufacture and operate in Great Britain and we are dedicated to making our environment a better, more sustainable place for future generations to live in and enjoy.
Our long standing loyal suppliers and key stakeholders are working with us to help us achieve this ambitious goal, monitoring and evaluating everything from source of raw materials to end product waste.
Our achievements to date: (Base Year 2019)
- Sourcing and use in our products of recycled materials
- Finished product cartons are made from recyclable cardboard and reused many times.
- Printing Inks on our packaging are vegetable based where possible
- Installation of new digital IT system reducing paper usage system
- Reduction in water wastage
- New Hybrid Company vehicles purchased
- Reduction in packaging materials
- Encouraging of a circular economy through reuse and recycling of materials
- Dedicated new human and financial resources to manufacturing optimisation to increase efficiency, quality and sustainability.
- Buying locally where possible
- Manufacturing in Great Britain from our dedicated factories.
- Recycling of waste fabrics used in protective packing
- Waste materials from one factory used in other products in neighbouring factory
- Waste materials used to make accessory/comfort products
- Waste materials used for other purposes by our stakeholders & Interested parties.
- To further reduce our waste to landfill by 40% by year end 2022
- To increase our recycled product use by 30% by year end 2022
- To further reduce our energy use by 20% by year end 2022
- To increase our renewable energy use by 20% by year end 2022
- To further reduce our carbon footprint by 25% by year end 2023 (base year 2019)